Jobs and Tenders
- Super User
- Hits: 3910
Project Manager - AJPRODHO
KICUKIRO and Bugesera Districts
3 Year contract
Association de la Jeunesse pour la promotion des Droits de l’Homme et le Développement (AJPRODHO-JIJUKIRWA) is a non-profit human Rights organization created in 1997 and legally operating in Rwanda granted legal personality no 19/11.
AJPRODHO works towards achieving a vision of a peaceful society where there is youth participation for social justice and decent living conditions for all, whilst its mission is to empower youth for Human Rights protection and promotion, research and advocacy, economic empowerment and civil society strengthening for socio-economic betterment.
AJPRODHO recently secured European Union funding for a project “Enhancing Livelihoods for the Youth (EL4Y)” whose overall objective is to contribute to the reduction of youth unemployment in Rwanda and increasing their access to decent work in Rwanda.
AJPRODHO-JIJUKIRWA would like to recruit a Project Field Officer who, working under supervision the Project Manager will be pivotal to implementation of (project) activities of the project.
- Proven working Knowledge of the Voluntary Savings and Loans Association (VSLA) economic empowerment methodology
- Proven knowledge of using VSLA Management Information Systems and tools
- Proven working knowledge of Excel spreadsheet and MS Word & MS PowerPoint
- Very Strong English language and Kinyarwanda proficiency both in writing / composition and spoken
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently
- Demonstrated experience in budget and financial management
- Excellent critical and analytical skills; creative thinking is vital to the position
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Experience in program administration, operating procedures, oversight and monitoring
- Experience and knowledge of working with district authorities
- Community mobilization skills
- Knowledge of European Union funding procedures and guidelines
- Ready to work on field over 75% of their work time
- Must be able to provide technical advice and support to the Project Manager
Key responsibilities and duties
- Ensure support and supervision of EL4Y project activities planning and implementation in Kicukiro & Bugesera project catchment districts
- Facilitate and maintain strong collaboration and good working relations with local government authorities, private sector, CSOs and other project stakeholders
- Provide regular support to the Project Coordinator and Senior Management of AJPRODHO to implement national level project activities
- Collect field data on a periodical basis and whenever needed using appropriate tools designated for a given activity as provided under the project.
- Meetings facilitation: For project meetings, they organize appropriate meeting rooms and any refreshments, contact the attendees and note any who cannot attend. Before the meeting, they send out any relevant information, and they attend each meeting to take minutes.
- On a regular basis, Project Officer meets with the Project Manager to review progress and to discuss future steps. The Project Officer also liaise with other departments involved in project implementation including Finance, communications and Monitoring and Evaluation to ensure implementation is in good shape in all clusters.
- Manage the Schedule: Project Officer closely watches the project schedule, monitoring deadlines for each project task. They check regularly that every deadline is still possible, and report any potential delays to the Project Manager.
- Generate and submit periodical reports for AJPRODHO and district partners in formats adopted under the project and/ or as required by the district authorities
- Generate and share project activities status reports, as well as M&E data as and when the management of AJPRODHO or District authorities require you to do so
- Ensure project and organizational visibility in the project catchment district
- Ensure active participation of AJPRODHO in the joint action development forum (JADF) in the 2 districts of operation
- Project Officers are responsible for maintaining crucial project documents which track project progress. They file all project documents in an appropriate database or library, and ensure that all documents are accurate and have been accepted by the Project Manager.
- Identify Problems or Risks: Being so closely involved in the project, the Project Officer is relied upon to identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project. They will communicate these items with the Project Manager, and work to identify potential solutions.
- Financial and administrative: Prepare terms of reference and funds requests for project activities and supplies and ensure settlement of activity advances timely.
- Carryout any other tasks as may be assigned by his/ her supervisor and senior management of AJPRODHO in relation to organization mission and vision
Training and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, development studies or other related fields. Relevant post-graduate qualification an advantage
- 4 years experience working on medium or large projects (in the Rwandan context) in community development related work. Experience working with non-governmental organizations must possess category A drivers license.
Only current employees and interns of AJPRODHO-JIJUKIRWA and former employees of the organization can apply for this job.
Send your application package Softcopies with following;
- Motivation letter
- Current CV
- Copies of Degrees
- Two referees most recent employer
Closing date: 24/04/2020