About Ajprodho Jijukirwa
The Youth Association for Human Rights Promotion and Development (AJPRODHO – JIJUKIRWA) is a non-profit youth organization working to improve the rights of youth and children in Rwanda through human rights promotion, protection, research, advocacy, economic empowerment and civil society strengthening.
AJPRODHO was founded in 1997 at the National University of Rwanda, as a response to the Rwandan Genocide, protecting future students from similar forms of manipulation.
The mission is to empower the youth for human rights respect and to advocate for socio-economic development as you browse our website,you will realize that AJPRODHO is committed to sharing experiences, open to partner with other stakeholders in empowering the youth for human rights respect and to advocate for socio-economic development.The Youth association for Human Rights promotion and development (AJPRODHO – JIJUKIRWA) is a non-profit youth organization working to improve the situation of youth and children in Rwanda through human rights promotion, protection, research, advocacy, economic empowerment and civil society strengthening.
To empower the youth for human rights respect and to advocate for socio-economic development.
To promote youth participation for social justice and decent living conditions for all.
- Non Partisan
- Respect for Human Rights and Dignity
- Gender equality
- Mutual Respect and Inclusivenes
Concerning its organizational structure, AJPRODHO has got the General Assembly which is its supreme organ. There is a Board of Administration which is composed of 6 members, a Control and Evaluation Committee, and a Conflict Resolution Committee.
Thematic components /Area of focus
Governance and Democracy
Human Rights and access to Justice.
Youth socio- economic empowerment
And disadvantaged people
- AJPRODHO has got legal personality
- Qualified staff
- Operating in 14districts with a possibility to expand.
- Established liaison offices
- Having close contact to the people
- Well informed Board members
- Functioning organs (General Assembly, Board, Control and Evaluation Committee)
- Accountability of the Board to the General Assembly
- Remarkable success in the past advocacy work on different issues (Bursary, transport on motorcycle in Kigali City, court fees)
- Research oriented institution
- Gender mainstreaming in all the aspects of the organisation’s life (including staff hiring and projects implementation)
- Good networks within Rwanda Civil Society
- Good Relationship with public and private sectors
- Good record in activity implementation
Financial management and External Audit Reports.